MEET THE AUTHOR
The author of this book, Mr. C. P. Kumar, is a Scientist who works at the National Institute of Hydrology (A Government of India Society under Ministry of Water Resources), Roorkee -247667 (Uttarakhand), India. His research areas of interest are assessment of groundwater potential; saline water intrusion in coastal aquifers; numerical modelling of unsaturated flow, groundwater flow and contaminant transport, management of aquifer recharge; and impact of climate change on groundwater.
The Review of the Book
This book is intended to provide a comprehensive treatise on assessment and modelling of groundwater. It presents the related aspects on assessment of groundwater modelling, groundwater modelling software, modelling of unsaturated flow, modelling of sea water intrusion, and impact of climate change on groundwater resources.
This book is expected to be quite useful for undergraduate and postgraduate students (water resources engineering), field engineers and researchers working in the area of assessment, development and management of groundwater resources.
1. Water Resources of India
2. Water Balance Analysis
3. Overview of Groundwater Hydrology Aspects.
4. Management of Aquifer Recharge
5. Assessment of Groundwater Potential
6. Groundwater Data Requirement and Analysis
7. Introduction to Groundwater Modelling
8. Basic Concepts for Groundwater Modelling
9. Conceptualisation and Model Design
10. Guidelines for Groundwater Modelling
11. Data Requirements for Groundwater Modelling
12. Capabilities of Groundwater Modelling Software
13. Overview of Groundwater Models
14. A Modular Three-Dimensional Groundwater Model (MODFLOW)
15. Pitfalls and Sensitivities in Groundwater Modelling
16. Common Groundwater Modelling Errors
17. Modelling of Unsaturated Flow
18. Hydrological Problems in Coastal Areas
19. Modelling of Sea Water Intrusion with SUTRA
20. Challenges in Numerical Modelling of Salt Water
21. Impact of Climate Change on Groundwater Resources
22. Mathematical Modelling: Case Studies
His books are highly recommended as they are from own experiences.
More books by the same Author: